What Is Podcast?Find out now from here! how podcasts are used and why they are used: How to create yourself as a podcast creator. Also learn more about this fast growing and extremely popular media.
What Is Podcast
A podcast is defined as a multi-media digital audio episodic series “show” or program. Which is distributed on the Internet for viewing and listening on smartphones, computers & tablets or other devices. It’s basically an audio recording of a specific topic, which can be heard in the travel,business & online activities or other. And by capitalizing on this facility, the first podcast is started. Can be downloaded or streamed so you can listen when it is convenient for you,this is one of the advantages.
However, these are often found on iTunes and Spotify, including Google Podcast App’s, but are sometimes hosted on websites. However, companies are already investing heavily in podcasting, expanding their business and making podcasting a popular business. Listeners are also now willing to pay to participate in the recording of their favorite podcasts.
History of podcasting
Podcasts have come a long way in keeping up with the modern generation as a complement to radio programs. Where it has become almost impossible for people to participate in radio programs at certain times. However, as of October 2000, Tristan Louis had proposed in a draft the idea of attaching sound and video files to RSS feeds. Which was later implemented by Dave Winer. Dave Winer is a software developer and author of the RSS format.
It has now become an obscure method and recognized medium for disseminating audio information. “Whether or not” for corporate or personal use.
Based on the possibilities of the process released the first iPodderX application, which was developed by August Trometer and Ray Slakinski. In 2007, audio podcasts historically attracted the attention of viewers through radio broadcasts. “After that,” Apple released iTunes 4.9, probably in June 2005, which increased the official support for podcasts. Public radio networks, including the BBC, CBC Radio One, and NPR, set up podcasts on many of their radio shows on the iTunes platform.In early 2019, the podcasting industry was able to generate very little revenue.
the number of people listening to podcasts continues to grow. Edison Research, which releases the Podcast Consumer Quarterly Tracking Report, estimates that in 2019, 90 million people in the United States listened to the podcast last month. In 2020, 58% of the South Korean population and 40% of the Spanish population listened to a podcast last month. 12.5% of the UK population listened to a podcast last week. The form is also praised for a low overhead for a manufacturer to start and maintain their show, only a good quality microphone, a computer or mobile device and the corresponding software and some kind of acoustic cooling are required for editing and uploading the final product. To more details for podcast history see here.
How the podcasts are now work?
First of all, podcasts complete multifaceted activities! It can provide sufficient knowledge on a specific topic for the listener. At the same time, the audience can concentrate on other activities. As a result, the listener does not have to waste time acquiring knowledge on a particular subject.
On the other hand, Podcast makers, are able to establish a good relationship with the audience that they have on a particular subject through the digital audio voice they have created. As a result, podcast creators can easily create a better digital marketing opportunity for their own products. There are other benefits, perhaps, based on which podcasts are gaining popularity day by day. However, at the time of writing this article, the two main themes that have been growing have been cited as examples.
How to create yourself as a podcast creator.
To make yourself a podcast creator, you must be proficient in one subject. Maybe anything from real crime to business strategy to parenting tips to comedy or kids content, “it doesn’t matter”
After all, when you prepare yourself as a podcast creator on a topic, the topics that will be needed before creating a podcast.
- Title of your podcast-It’s really important to remember that you’ve chosen a nice title for your podcast, consistent with the subject matter. This is one of the first things you need to do to create a podcast. People who see it, even before they hear a word about your show, verify it.
- Podcast details that attract viewers-You need to write a paragraph about your show to your audience. Which must be exaggerated & attractive. So that the audience is very interested to be know about the show. even try to include keywords and key phrases in your description, that your target audience can use to find content like you have all ready ones.
- Podcast format decision-How long should the podcast episodes be? How often should one episode of the podcast be released? Will the podcast episode be an interview show, or a solo show? Or is it just a podcast episode to interview people? It is up to you to decide on the podcast format.But yes, the earlier you decide, the sooner you can start communicating your plan to others.
- Podcast Artwork and Music-For digital audio, of course, cover artwork is a must.
Which, like the YouTube video’s cover art, would be effective in attracting viewers & made the podcast an overnight sensation. There should be one or two pieces of music at a time.
related Equipment and Test them, that’s needs for-To start the show you need to buy equipment which is essential for podcasting. Equipment prices range from as low as $ 2 to an expensive or complete broadcast studio setup with the highest number. What’s in it? You can start cheap, and it will be better to start first. However, the rest depends on your wishes.
- Taking Host service or server-To start a podcast, you must upload your mp3 files to a podcast hosting company. The hosting company will have a place of your own, which you must purchase. You can also use other hosting services or servers including Google, Apple Podcast, Spotify if you want.
- Record Podcast Episodes-Lastly you are ready to record your podcast. Introduce yourself to the microphone as smartly as possible, keep the nervousness away and start a recording battle. Remember you are going to hit the record, struggle like crazy and present yourself throughout this whole process.
- It’s time to tell the world about your podcast-This is great news, but keep in mind that you have only completed about 60% of your podcast. All you have to do is make it easy for people to find your new podcast.this should ensure that people find your podcast very easily when they search by keyword. it’s kind of SEO work.
can I earn from Podcast?
Of course you should be rewarded for your hard work! Such is the case with YouTube and the website, among others. The same thing can happen with podcasts, for the sake of making money.
Podcasts are often described as one of the most intimate, personal formats. A team of American researchers has found that this impression is largely related to the situation we hear about. Wearing headphones or earphones strengthens our sense of connection with the presenter of a podcast.
Researchers at UC San Diego, UCLA and UC Berkeley’s Ready School of Management observed the phenomenon in a series of experiments on 4,000 participants.
“We’ve seen that headphones create an phenomenon called in-head localization,” said On Amir, a professor and co-author of the marketing department at the San Diego Ready School of Management at the University of California. Which makes the speaker sound like the inside of your head. Study set to appear in the Journal of Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes.
That is why listeners feel that the people who speak on the podcast are close to them, both physically and emotionally. They are more sympathetic to them and more easily persuaded by what they say. At this point they are almost ready to agree to whatever you offer them. So in such a moment, making money through advertising or sponsorship has become a popular medium.(Of course, advertising or sponsorship, your digital audio episodes should be consistent). There are also some episodes of premium or Zero ads offered for the most avid listeners (this monetization method, of course, depends largely on the popularity of your episode with the audience).
these results may be of interest to brands and advertisers. Perhaps for good reason, the market for podcast advertising is growing. According to the Interactive Advertising Bureau, this could reach US $ 2 billion by 2023. It is also known that listeners find podcast advertising to be much less intrusive than advertising on radio, television or other social networks. As a result, they are more likely to buy the product mentioned by the podcaster, because they believe in their decision.
Last but not least
Podcasts are basically a modern version or digital media of Wireless or radio.people here usually prefer to share emotional moments or their successes or maybe something else that they want to share with the listeners. However, people are now adopting this method as a way of making money and getting good results.